Italians say caffè latte should be prepared only before lunch because it is made with milk. But they say nothing about iced latte so feel free to make it at any time you like.
1 cup (8 fl oz) espresso coffee
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup (8 oz) crushed ice
1 cup (8 fl oz) milk
Whipped cream for serving
- Make a cup of espresso coffee.
- Add sugar and almond extract to the hot espresso and stir well until they are dissolved.
- Let cool for 20 minutes at room temperature or place the coffee in a refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Add cold milk to the sweet coffee and stir well.
- Put crushed ice in two glasses.
- Pour coffee mixture.
- Top each glass with whipped cream.
- Serve with a straw or a decorative mixing spoon.